Friday, February 5, 2010

Duct Work

Today’s post is not about what I’m up to at the moment. I’m not gonna drone on about the numerous crafty type projects I have under way or rattle on about recipes or opinions I may have about the world at hand. I’m not going to give you an ear full of my daily activities or what the household critters are up to or anything like that. I’m not going to talk about me – lets’ just put it that way. Today I’m here to talk about this far out, fun and fabulous new thing I discovered not so long ago.

I discovered this new thing on Etsy, quite on purpose of course because it happens to be my youngest daughter and her husbands business called ‘Ductile Designs’. They make all kinds of stuff from duct tape and sell it. It all sounds quite crazy I know but it really is a cool and very real business. And the items they make and sell are fabulous.



They started out making billfolds, wallets and neck ties. They’ve since expanded to making purses, book bags, head bands, and roses. Apparently there’s a slew of different colored duct tapes available and they cooked up all these cool things to make from it all.

They’ve been doing this for about a year now. Persistence and perseverance is starting to pay off for them. They do pretty good business and have even been able to employ extra help. They are doing their part to stimulate the economy!



They sent me some of these items for Christmas and I was blown away by what they can do with duct tape. The roses are my favorite. But I love the ties and wallets too. I’m secretly hoping for a knitting bag at some point ~ small hint ;0) I’m using the wallet they made me and I love it. It’s very practical. Very durable. And VERY pretty. The ties are very wearable. Even when my son in law was still waiting tables in the early months of their new business, his boss was so impressed with the ties, he ordered enough for the whole wait staff to wear during working hours. It was a hit with the staff and the restraunt customers.



Their latest creation is a baseball cap. I haven't seen it yet but I'm sure it's fabulous. They do custom work. They will make pretty much anything you want in the way of color and design. They're very good at doing your fave sport logo. Whatever you want, they try their best to meet your needs. Just ask and they will work with you.

These photos are just a small example of what they make and sell. To check out more go to www.myspace.com/DuctileDesigns or Etsy/DuctileDesigns. It’s all just ducky!

I couldn't resist the doing the shameless plug here. I'm pretty proud of my kids :0)

Have a knit pickin’ good day y’all!

1 comment: