Monday, June 21, 2010

After The Sunday Funnies...


(Click on Picture To Enlarge)

This past week was 'Knit In Public Week'. I was a participant. But I'm ALWAYS a participant. My knitting goes with me wherever I go and I don't hesitate to whip it out in front of everyone if I have time to kill.

In my daily travels out and about in the usual places, I did see a few people doing the knitting in public thing: at work, the mall, doc's offices, Dunkin Donuts, sitting in the drive thru at McDonalds (yes, McDonalds is true) and even the airport. I guess the memo got out! If there were Sonic Drive In's around here, I probably would have seen it there too. When I was living down south, going to Sonic to get my daily diet coke and knitting while sitting there in the car was the norm for me. No place is off limits when it comes to me and my knitting. And strangely enough I don't get odd looks and stupid questions from people about what or why I'm knitting in public.

It's so nice to see at least SOME people doing something in public besides yakking away on their phones, texting a mile a minute and not involving themselves in what's really important in life: KNITTING!

I say every week should be knit in public week!

Have a knit pickin' good day ya'll.

2 comments:

  1. Amen, Kathleen! I'm a take it anywhere knitter too! Even family & friends at first thought it odd, but not they're used to it. We're going to an anniversary party tomorrow, and I will likely have a small project along... LOL! Gotta knit! Happy Summer Days ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Tracy, isn't it great that we can take the little projects with us pretty much anywhere?! I took my current project with me to a birthday party today. It was so much fun to sit outside conversing with friends and family, the smell of grilling delectables wafting on the air and all the while knitting away. How much better can life get?!?! Cheers and happy days!

    ReplyDelete