Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Granny's Back In Town

I'm finally getting around to posting some pictures of a few of the projects I've been busy with the last few months. Today it's all about the Granny square afghan I made for my new little niece in Texas.




This is
Miss Brittania Anne
Born June 15, 2010.

My sister sent me this picture a few days ago. It had the caption "I'm supposed to be sleepin'". She has her days and nights turned around right now and this picture was taken at two in the morning. I'm thinkin' judging by this picture, baby thinks it's pretty funny. Poor mom!



I love Granny Square afghans. I make them. I buy them at thrift shops and yard sales. I love the classic look of it. It's a very enjoyable pattern to crochet and there are so many ways it can be configured color and pattern-wise. It's my favorite thing to crochet and I chose it for the new baby. I considered other patterns...and doodled around making various blocks and strips. I settled on the granny.


I chose Bernat Sport baby yarns for this. It needed to made of something that's very washable and 'wag-able'. But it's very soft and I love the feminine color combination. It should be good to drag around for a few years.

Have a knit pickin' good day ya'll!

2 comments:

  1. Aaaaaaawww. Your little niece is so sweet.
    And so is your blanket! I love the soft colours. She's a lucky girl. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW...Miss Brittania (great name!) and the blanket are both GORGEOUS, Kathleen!! I really like how you set the squares on the diagonal for a zigzag edging... BEAUTIFUL heirloom for the family. Happy Days to you all :o) ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete