Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Going To 'Pot' !

I've been crocheting like crazy the last couple of weeks and in addition to finishing the afghan, I've made a gazillion potholders.


My youngest daughter in Tennessee is a newlywed (1 year this past June) and is still in the throws of setting up housekeeping. I told her I'd make some potholders and shoot 'em her way.

But I was having such a good time making these that I got a tad bit carried away and have a butt load of them now. So I will divide them up evenly and disperse them between my three daughters. Now in addition to making their way to Tennessee, some of them will also be traveling to Florida and some to Arizona. My kids are scattered ALL OVER the country. (My boys are in New Mexico and Virginia).

These were sooooooooo much fun to make. I made some for my sweetie's mother for Mothers Day and just did the same kind for my girls. These are very simple patterns I made up as I went along. I have to have VERY simple patterns. My brain doesn't handle too much in the way of complicated these days. So nothing more than double crochet. It's just better that way.

Soooo.....

This is some of what I've been up to lately. There's more stuff in the works. Am knitting at the moment and loving that. Am doing some entrelac in the form of throw pillows and a seat cushion for a rocking chair. Just too much fun.

See you soon with more updates on more stuff. Have a knit pickin' good day ya'll !

No comments:

Post a Comment